An afternoon with Nav Singh from Domaine Simha
Premium wine from Tasmania – Harvested during Lunar Cycles.
We had the absolute pleasure meeting Nav Singh from Domaine Simha for an exclusive look at the new vintage releases of his range.
If you are new to Simha wines they are in a class of their own – using methods that embrace harvesting by lunar cycle on fruit and flower days, whole bunch wild fermentation with traditional pigeage, maturation in custom demi-muid oak and clay amphorae, basket pressing, bottling unfined and unfiltered with perfect natural balance. Nav is a very hands on winemaker and you can taste the hard work and passion in every single wine.
When Australia hosted the top 50 restaurant awards earlier this year Wine Australia flew the top 50 sommeliers from across the world to Australia. They tried his Pinot and have rated it in the top 10 in the world. They are now being poured in the best restaurants across the world like Heston, The Ledbury and Quay. Those sommeliers saw Nav’s wine as an equivalent to some of the premium Burgundies that they have been pouring over the years.
2015 DOMAINE SIMHA RANA Pinot Noir $138 – Handpicked on a flower day after the harvest moon. Whole bunch wild ferment. Truffle, mountain pepper, sandalwood.
2015 DOMAINE SIMHA RAJA Pinot Noir -$258 – Handpicked on a fruit day after the harvest moon. Whole bunch wild ferment. Black cherry, damson plum, pomegranate, cumin, liquorice, cassia bark.
Full range on tasting:
Domaine Simha Range
- 2016 DOMAINE SIMHA RANI Riesling – $69
- 2015 DOMAINE SIMHA RAYA Sauvage – $75
- 2016 DOMAINE SIMHA RAO Chardonnay, Derwent Vineyard – $86
- 2016 DOMAINE SIMHA RAO Chardonnay, Coal River Vineyard – $86
- 2015 DOMAINE SIMHA RAMA Pinot Noir – $79
- 2015 DOMAINE SIMHA RANA Pinot Noir – Limited stock – $138
- 2015 DOMAINE SIMHA RAJA Pinot Noir – Limited stock – $258
- 2016 LOTUS AMPHORA Riesling – Fruit Day – $64
- 2016 BEAUREGARD AMPHORA Pinot Noir – Flower Day – $64
- 2016 LIONHEART AMPHORA Pinot Noir – Fruit Day – $64
- 2016 SANSKRIT VIN GRIS ROSÉ Pinot Noir/Pinot Gris – $53
- 2014 SANSKRIT Chenin Blanc – Limited stock – $53
- 2016 SIMLA BLANC Field Blend – $41
- 2016 SIMLA ROUGE Field Blend – $41
To receive any of these wines call 1800 903 885 or email email@example.com